Thursday, May 24, 2007

Nana Reimer's Visit

Thanks mom for coming out to visit and HELP!! Your help was soo appreciate- seriously. Now its just getting into a routine without you....

All in all things are going really well here for us! We're settling into to being a family and loving it! Of course there are challenges, like lack of sleep, crying baby, feeling like I'm feeding all the time etc etc... But that's all normal stuff to be expected right?! So thanks to everyone for all the congratulations, encouragement and advice. We appreciate it and even moreso appreciate you!
On the advice topic....for all those nursing mothers (or those who have in the past), I'm just curious what foods you found you needed to avoid while breastfeeding? I know we're all different, but thought I might do a little research here if you don't mind helping me out.... Thanks
And now for more of Caleb (you might as well get used to it!) who is now 1 month old!!!

(Just click on the photo to view web album)

My time with Nana Reimer

8 comments:

Vanessa said...

I have absolutely no advice for you (especially with the specific question you posed..) BUT I do want to say how much I enjoy checking out all the pictures. Caleb is such a bright eyed sweetheart!!

Blessing to you both!

Anonymous said...

Hi Janelle, Ronnie and Caleb
Once again some lovely photo's to look at and the video clip! Love the captions too.
Will not see you this weekend (will miss cuddles at Lifegroup) as we are taking Andy on holiday to the Norfolk coast.
See you soon!
LOve Davina and Brian xxx
Ps (Answer to your question! fresh orange juice, leeks, onions!!!!)

Anonymous said...

Onions, brocolli, cauliflower, hot sauce, cheese...dairy in general if you have a colicky baby, but like you said everyone is different and different things bother different people....asparagus is another one...hmmm...I will continue to think and get back to you on this one....
Lisa

Leah said...

salsa, garlic and chili. But my chili actually made me go into labour so I'm not surprised at that one.

love, love, loving your pictures.

mamaktbug said...

i found i couldn't eat tomatoes...until he was about four months old. i've also heard from friends to avoid spicy foods, beans, broccoli and garlic but i ate all those foods and he was fine. so...it will really depend on caleb's little tummy! hope he's not a colic-y baby...no fun!

Kara said...

Brocolli, Cauliflower, Onions (in large doses)

Melissa F. said...

Well, I haven't had a baby, but I'll pass on what my sister-in-law told me. She said she could only eat boiled potates, carrots and peas for the fist 4 mons, veggie wise that is. She stayed away from spicy food, garlic, and any thing that had potential to make her a little gassy, since it definately made Keagan very gassy. She already has a sensitivity to dairy, so she stayed completely away from that too. Now that he is 6mos old though, she can pretty much eat anything she wants. Hope that's helpful!

Anonymous said...

Dear precious family;
As I take a wander through your photos I am holding back the tears of joy that would express many things that cannot be captured in words. I am blown away by the beauty that has been expressed. I miss you both and I miss your baby that I will get to meet some day! I can't wait Caleb!!! You are blessed, dear child!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Ronnie!!!