Friday, January 25, 2008

Quite a Little Pooper

Ok so I am now 9 months old and my mom and dad thought it was about time I started pooping on the toilet (probably more my dad then my mom, he thinks I can do anything ;) ). Well over a week ago now my mom decided to give it a try and to her delight and my relief (I had been holding it for hours) I actually laid one down in the toilet. That was even before I was 9 months old.

So because of the early success, mom and dad began to try it on a little more of a regular basis. Guess what, I have now tried to poop on the toilet 9 times and have successfully achieved poopage each time I have tried. I have also tinkled on a few of those occasions as well.

This morning was my first morning poo, after going the whole night holding it in (I think the song, "Mommy wow, I'm a big boy now" would fit well here). So I have now had a poo in the morning afternoon and evening! I guess this cloth nappy thing does work, cause man I am looking forward to getting out of these things.

I will keep you all posted on my poop adventure and the other fun things happening in our lives, but for now enjoy the pics from this morning.












Mom hopes this isn't to inappropriate for public viewing, but hey I am only 9 months old, what do I know about that.

Talk to you all later,

Caleb +

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay--despite laughing through the entire blog,I also kept hearing myself say,"You guys are crazy",and then laughing some more!! I am from another ERA! Yes,that is right.This is the first time I have experienced such "verbal footage" for all the world to see.[It rates right up there with Robert Munches' unquoteable book"Good Canadian Families Do Not Fart" !!] I do not like to think of myself as naive,but I now know that prudish might be applicable!
After all that ramble--yes Caleb,it's true --YOU CAN DO ANYTHING! I am so proud of you and ALL your accomplishments!!! Keep them coming. Mummy and daddy will be so PROUD OF YOU for so many different reasons...getting out of cloth diapers is certainly one that should be ranked very high at your age!!!!!!!!! I love you and I'm proud of you too!! Love,Nana

Anonymous said...

I'm still laughing!! 2008 truly is a year of new beginnings! Nana

Anonymous said...

What a clever little boy!!!!!
You Canandians certainly toilet train different to us British, or is it because I am an oldie and this is a modern way Caleb!!!!!
Do not think though you will like looking at those phot'os when you are a teenager!!!!

Look after your mummy and daddy,
See you soon
love Davina and Brianxxxx

tmosh said...

so glad you shared this with us Caleb- You're one up on me! All I want to do is put my hands in that white bowl! Cant wait to run with you in the summer
-Andy

Just Me said...

Holy crap! (literally) Well, I have heard of this kind of talent, but never have witnessed it. Great job all of you :)

John Allard said...

Well done buddy!!! think you could teach your dad now!?