Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Let Loose on the Roads!


So let me begin with- We bought a car! Yes after searching through add after add and after dozens of phone calls- we found our sweet Vauxhall Vectra Vehicle (I think I'll name her Electra Vectra!) Anyways we feel so blessed! We got this honey of a car for such a great deal. We managed to buy her for about half of what we were able to sell our car for back home. For those of you interested in cars...its a 1998 (two years younger than ours at home), has 83,000 miles (compared to our 256,000km), the interior and exterior are in great shape and it's small enough for British roads, but large enough for comfortable travel, or the north american luggage of our visitors to come (we're very hopeful). So now that we have a car, it's all about driving it! I must firstly brag about my husband, today was his first day driving and not only did he conquer the high speed, continuously moving, big city turn abouts (they're my biggest fear of driving over here), he also conquered the jam packed, 3 lane "motorways" (highways) packed with lorries (semi trucks), but he also conquered a major rainstorm with slightly sketchy windshield wipers (they probably have some fun name too!)! So needless to say, I am so proud of my man for his victories on his first day driving backwards. However I could also go on to tell you all the things he did wrong... actually there's not many, but he did enter an "exit only" entrance and a "bus only lane" today. To which the British drivers were ever so curteous! Honestly these UK drivers are so curteous on the road. We've heard that their road tests are pretty tough, but man does it pay off- it's a great place to drive (atleast so it seams, I guess I can't really speak from experience). But anyways, back to Ronnie's little errors of the day, I'm honestly not keeping track. Especially 'cause it's my turn tomorrow!!!!Eeek! Pray for me please ;)

7 comments:

G.E.K said...

sweet ride ronnie!! glad to here you are taking charge of the road over there!!!

Garrett

Kevin said...

i love you guys

Vanessa said...

It's hard to not have a car for awhile hey? Congrats on the new car and the joys of driving!! :) I'm sure you did just fine Janelle. I also bought a new car :) and posted a picture on my flickr site on my blog. Glad to hear also that things are going well out there.

Love you!

kristin janzen said...

i too noticed your matching green outfits, but i thought it was cute! anyway good luck with the driving thing, you'll get the hang of it i'm sure. hopefully in london you had a chance to use the underground and hear "mind the gap" 6000 times. but the voice is so polite it's hard to get mad :)

i'm enjoying your blog!

Just Me said...

YAY for the car!!

Shawn Chapman said...

Ronnie I just hope you don't drive over there the way you play Settlers

Shawn Chapman said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.