Thursday, May 11, 2006

Learning from Elijah

Sorry. Still no photos of our place. I'm waiting for the before pictures so that you can see the contrast! Ronnie's at work now and I'm gearing up for my Nursing course that I have to take to be liscenced here. So the routine is starting to set in. Although we're praying that the excitement of our purpose and being here won't wear off now that the routine is setting in. Speaking of purpose, God's been putting a lot on my heart resently about purpose. The past couple of Sunday's the sermons have been regarding or including "purpose". The one message really stood out to me. It was about Elijah and where God had taken him in his life. Each geographical place represented different seasons(and reactions) of life Elijah was going through as he experienced different attributes of God. One was a place of provision during the drought, another a place of power on Mount Carmel, next was panic when he fled to Horeb. But the next part was the part that was particularly personal for me. The following place was a place of intimacy (yah,it was supposed to be the 5 'p'- a word that started with a 'p' was used but I can't remember what it was) when God spoke to him with a gentle whisper(in a cave in the mountain of Horeb), following this came a place of purpose(Desert of Damascus)! God really touched my heart in that purpose comes through experiencing intimacy with God. It was just such a good reminder for me during a time where I feel like knowing my purpose of being here in England is so important. It was a reminder to draw close, know Him, and plug into God's heart, follow Him, that'll lead me to my purpose. Sometimes I think it's so easy to be focused on "what's the plan for MY life", "what's THE purpose of my life" rather than just focusing on LIFE itself, the lifegiver. (Text found from 1 Kings 16-20). " Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent." (John 17:3) "Be still and know that I am God" (Psalms 46:10)
*I hope that this all made sense- it's always a little hard putting Heart in Words.*

5 comments:

Just Me said...

I like to hear what's going on in your heart...it's like you are over for coffee and apple pie and the guys are downstairs watching hockey!

MoldableClay said...

ok who is love life you need to atleast sign you name at the end or let us know some way who you are?

MoldableClay said...

Jenn, I miss those heart talks over apple pie with the boys distracted by hockey... and love life- we miss you too!!!

Vanessa said...

Great thoughts Janelle!!! I wonder if people become so paralyzed in attempting to find God's will and purpose for their lives. They get frustrated and confused and wind up not moving in any direction at all. My personal thought is that you don't have to seek His will or purpose. You are walking in His will if you're walking by His word and Spirit. In this His will/purpose will be revealed and manifested in your life because you'll have that intimacy and communication with Him.

MoldableClay said...

Mystery solved mom! love you.