Wednesday, September 27, 2006

It's not all bad...

I want to thank all of you for your prayers, hopes, well wishes etc for me with my interview yesterday. I must regretfully report that I did not get the job. However, this news isn't just plain old bad. I received the phone call first thing this morning, and the manager proceeded to inform me that regretfully they weren't offering me the job, she however felt very obligated to tell me the reasons why. That the nurse they hired had 14 years experience with chemo and oncology and had experience setting up clinical trials from scratch!! I held no competition to that- I knew that! The funny thing however, was that I somehow had. The manager proceeded to inform me that the panel of three interviewers were all very impressed with my interview and felt that I had done an excellent job throughout the interview and that they felt that I had a lot to offer and were all very regretful not to have a position for me!!! She asked if I would be interested if another position became available ?! OF COURSE! was my reply in a far more eloquent manner. Needless to say that she said that she was wanting to pass on my details to the heamatology, oncology (cancer), and chemotherapy suite wards and wished to keep them on file! (Not just in the typical way "oh I'll keep that on file" kinda way, but very sincere and interested!) So although I didn't get this job, I seem to find myself with a great connection, and even advocate for future positions in their various oncology/heamatology areas of the hospital (very large hospital). So thanks for your prayers and please don't give up on me. I'm taking this as a huge step forward, even recieving SUCH positive feedback from a very straight forward, matter of fact manager of the department was a big encouragement. Thanks again, and I'll continue to keep you posted!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Janelle
So disappointed for you and yet so encouraged as well. The perfect job - exactly the spot God wants you - is coming. You and Ron are in our prayers!

Kara

Just Me said...

That is a funny picture...you don't look like that! I like how it blinks. Sorry about the job-but how wonderful to get feedback like that!

tmosh said...

i'm sad to hear you didn't get that position but i'm so happy He is opening other doors of possibility! God's timing is perfect, i'm glad you guys believe that!

MoldableClay said...

Thanks for the love and encouragement ladies!!

Vanessa said...

I'd say that's a huge step forward!! :) I'm quite excited to see what and where God's going with this. All the hidden factors that haven't been brought to light yet..the personal and the dimensional.

You're simply amazing Janelle.

Andy said...

That's encouraging - great to hear from you today. We look forward to catching up soon.

A&E

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MoldableClay said...

We can't wait to hook up with you guys either, it'll be great! Didn't know you had a blog either- that's great. We can keep up to date.